Memoirs of a Geisha known as Sayuri
One of the things I absolutely love about living in NYC is being able to do things that I as a woman do not feel comfortable doing alone, such as going to a movie late at night. Well, I actually tried to see an earlier show, but the tickets were sold out... So, instead of going to 6:30pm show, I went to my friend WL's apartment to feed and play with a cat, came home for a few hours, and then headed out again to see "Memoirs of a Geisha." Having recently finished reading the book and absolutely loving it, I was ready for a movie to be a huge let down. On the contrary though, it was quite good. Of course, there are things I could pick on and criticize (such as the way kimono was starting to slide in the way that they shouldn't on Chinese actresses), but I would like to applaud on Japanese actors and actresses that portrayed the characters quite well! (My favorite was the Mother! Kaori Momoi is such a talented actress! She can also dance as well!) Some of the scenaries shown in the movies made me think of home, and how much I miss it! I would love to see cherry blossom trees in full :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home