Advanced Seminar and More...
8:30am. I had my Advanced Seminar for my dissertation. This is a meeting where I was expected to discuss the results I have found so far with the committee members. Dr.M. was away so I had an opportunity to discuss the findings with my mentor and sponsor Dr. Y and my chair, advisor, and a committee member Dr. S. I was a little nervous at first, since the computer in the room did not recognize my flashdrives (two of them!), and I was nervous about any upcoming questions I may choke on. However, the meeting turned out to be very informal, discussion-oriented, and actually fun! It was just so wonderful to have two experts engage in a discussion with me about the study I have conducted!
To be honest, as most of you know, I am so not a morning person (low blood pressure, takes me at least an hour or so to be fully awake, etc.) so being up and about by 8:30 meant getting up super early, being prepared, and fully awake. I was somehow able to do this, which was almost a miracle in of itself (don't ask me what I am going to do come September when I have to be at work everyday at 9am!). I have to say though, the content and what I got out fo the meeting made it all worth it. I never thought that I could enjoy the meeting that much and be less nervous!
After my Advanced Seminar, JMS had her Oral Defense. She did such a fantastic job that it really made me emotional. I have known her for the past four years being in the same program, and she was already very mature coming into the program but she has grown so much in so many ways! She is a wonderful colleague and a friend to have! Congrats to JMS for her accomplishments!
So after these two meetings, I became very emotional and I spent the next 15 minutes laughing and crying.... Crying because that's how my emotions tend to come out, but also laughing because my father has sent me a forward full of jokes in Japanese to congratulate me for finishing Advanced Seminar. They were soooo funny!!! (anyone who can read Japanese and wants it, email me and I will forward it to you!) It was a very good emotion-reliever!
To be honest, as most of you know, I am so not a morning person (low blood pressure, takes me at least an hour or so to be fully awake, etc.) so being up and about by 8:30 meant getting up super early, being prepared, and fully awake. I was somehow able to do this, which was almost a miracle in of itself (don't ask me what I am going to do come September when I have to be at work everyday at 9am!). I have to say though, the content and what I got out fo the meeting made it all worth it. I never thought that I could enjoy the meeting that much and be less nervous!
After my Advanced Seminar, JMS had her Oral Defense. She did such a fantastic job that it really made me emotional. I have known her for the past four years being in the same program, and she was already very mature coming into the program but she has grown so much in so many ways! She is a wonderful colleague and a friend to have! Congrats to JMS for her accomplishments!
So after these two meetings, I became very emotional and I spent the next 15 minutes laughing and crying.... Crying because that's how my emotions tend to come out, but also laughing because my father has sent me a forward full of jokes in Japanese to congratulate me for finishing Advanced Seminar. They were soooo funny!!! (anyone who can read Japanese and wants it, email me and I will forward it to you!) It was a very good emotion-reliever!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home