Day 1: First Day of Summer
Today marks the first entry of the summer, and the start of this challenge where I'm going to write an entry everyday this summer. Unfortunately, I have already experienced how this may become a challenge for me since I haven't been able to find even five minutes of free time until now (10:10pm), and I haven't even started on a course prep for tomorrow's workshop... sigh... Happy Start of Summer everyone! lol
I had a wonderful weekend filled with activities and work, which provided me a wonderful introduction to starting one of the most hectic weeks in a while. After sleeping for a few hours, I got up at 6am today to start working this morning. For those of you who know me well enough know that I can and will only do this when I am very pressed with time, and staying up until 2pm the night before didn't do the trick. I quickly got ready (already reading transcripts), and walk over to a neighborhood coffee shop. Then, I realized that I didn't have my wallet... ouch... tell my friendly and familiar cashier that I have to come back in a few... go back home, finally walk away with a cup of latte and breakfast.
Today was a day of research team meeting. My colleagues and I have been working on this research project for the past two years, and we are finally analyzing some qualitative interviews for the APA Convention presentation in August. Our agenda for the day was to go over our individual tentative template, and coming to consensus with it, while consulting with another colleague of ours. We worked until 6:30pm with a lunch break. Satisfied with the outcome of having worked extremely hard, and yet completely drained, we took our colleague consultant for a dinner as our token of appreciation. We discussed some work related issues, but what was most salient in this conversation was related to building connection. With our own recent personal experience of struggles, we concluded how important it is to be connected to others. The dinner conversation provided me a keen awareness and appreciation for having wonderful colleagues who genuinely care about others, and how important it is for me to continuously work hard and never take for granted how much I appreciate their work, dedication, and friendship.
A day of research is almost over and a day of teaching and mentoring begins!
I had a wonderful weekend filled with activities and work, which provided me a wonderful introduction to starting one of the most hectic weeks in a while. After sleeping for a few hours, I got up at 6am today to start working this morning. For those of you who know me well enough know that I can and will only do this when I am very pressed with time, and staying up until 2pm the night before didn't do the trick. I quickly got ready (already reading transcripts), and walk over to a neighborhood coffee shop. Then, I realized that I didn't have my wallet... ouch... tell my friendly and familiar cashier that I have to come back in a few... go back home, finally walk away with a cup of latte and breakfast.
Today was a day of research team meeting. My colleagues and I have been working on this research project for the past two years, and we are finally analyzing some qualitative interviews for the APA Convention presentation in August. Our agenda for the day was to go over our individual tentative template, and coming to consensus with it, while consulting with another colleague of ours. We worked until 6:30pm with a lunch break. Satisfied with the outcome of having worked extremely hard, and yet completely drained, we took our colleague consultant for a dinner as our token of appreciation. We discussed some work related issues, but what was most salient in this conversation was related to building connection. With our own recent personal experience of struggles, we concluded how important it is to be connected to others. The dinner conversation provided me a keen awareness and appreciation for having wonderful colleagues who genuinely care about others, and how important it is for me to continuously work hard and never take for granted how much I appreciate their work, dedication, and friendship.
A day of research is almost over and a day of teaching and mentoring begins!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home