Soul Searching ☆☆☆

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2: Workshop #2

Getting up early in the morning is not an easy task for me, considering my blood pressure is pretty low to begin with. After a long intense work day yesterday, I somehow managed to get up early enough to make it to a training sessions at the gym. Even after the 5 minutes of cardio, my blood pressure is at 110... hmmm not a good sign. In any case, I manage to complete the workout without fainting.

Today, unlike yesterday, was a day of teaching. Total of 5 meetings with students with a 3-hour workshop with very little time to prep. A day like this always makes me energized during the day and once I am done, the exhaustion hits me as if I was protecting myself from an attack. Even though I've lived on my own since I was 19, it still takes me a while to unwind after an intense day at work, and I usually do not even feel tired unless I am alone.

Students in this summer workshop that I'm teaching are absolutely fantastic. They are highly motivated, full of energy, and appreciative of any help they can get from me. It's such a luxury to have a group of students that I do not have to motivate. One more week to go, and they will be well prepared to apply for internships in the fall.

Although I have found myself quite appreciated and helpful with students today, I felt powerless and not effective in my private life. Usually, I feel relatively competent in what I can do for others, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and I find myself quite the opposite as if it may just be better off if I were not there to listen. It certainly doesn't feel appropriate to share my productive and appreciated day with students. Sigh... All I can do is to stay positive, do the best that I can do, and hope that people around me can benefit from my presence in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home