Day 3: Time of Reflection
My computer restarted itself and lost what I had written so far...ggggrrrrr.... okay, rewinding...
10:36am: waking up feeling rested for the first time in a while. It feels even better that the only meeting I have scheduled for today is at 3pm. Taking a deep breath. "It finally feels like summer!" I say in my head. I love busy days. I know that I become increasingly more productive where I would whip out a lesson plan in a few minutes, review all the CVs of students during the time they are working on their exercise, and cram all student meetings in 30-minute windows. I feel the sense of accomplishment as the exhaustion wash over me once I get home and am all alone. Then, I realize "geez, I haven't even sat on my red couch for the past two days!"
I love lazy mornings. Now, the word "lazy" in this situation is all relative because it's not really being lazy... It's having the time to make a cup of latte, it's taking the moment reflecting on yesterday and going over what's in store for today, and it's opening the curtain and enjoy all the flowers that are blooming in the court yard.
As I do this, I realize that one of my favorite flowers in the garden has fallen down on the ground due to the weight and wind. Luckily, the maintenance workers were around working on the unit next door, and once I brought it to their attention, they brought a metal poll to help it stand up. Phew... My first feeling was "oh no! I wonder how long it has been suffering this way! This is what happens when I get caught up in my own busy day and stop appreciating what's around me." Lesson learned... it is important for me to have these lazy morning moments where I look out the window, that I have time to blog when I'm not exhausted, and once again, feel absolutely grateful for what I have in my life. Another deep breath. Smell of latte, fresh breeze from outside, and blue sky contrasted by white summer puffy clouds.
Time for me to start creating a to-do list for the day. Hope you take a moment to enjoy your surroundings today!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home