Day 12: P.S.
I had started netflix a few months ago, and has been taking advantage of catching up on movies I have missed at the theater as well as of those that I absolutely love that I want to see again trying to determine if I want to own the DVDs. In the last few weeks, I haven't taken advantage of it as much since I see it arrive in mail and patiently wait for me to watch it for weeks... so finally, I decided to watch "P.S. I love you" that I have been holding for the last few weeks, keenly aware that I may fall asleep if I don't get into the storyline quickly.
I actually knew nothing about this movie other than the fact that it's a love story, and to be honest, the first few minute of it, I wasn't sure if I were going to like it because it starts out with the main character (husband and wife) arguing. I'm very sensitive to conflicts, tension, and drama, and try my best to disengage from these situations (one of the main reasons I thought the movie "breakup" was absolutely horrible the first time I watched it).
The movie ended up being wonderful. Being a huge fan of showcase the city of New York in the movie, I wished that it had more of those scenes, but it was not pretentious, and it was heart-warming in so many ways. Unconditional love and care of the husband to his wife to live her life was beautifully portrayed. I also loved the classic ways in which they end up communicating (I'm not going to tell you how they did it, you have to watch the film to find out!). It also gave me a revived faith in serendipity.
P. S. Happy 4th of July :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home