Day 4 & 5: Racial Trauma Manuscript
There is a research project that I have been working on under the guidance of my mentor/friend for about 15 years. It is the first research I became involved in, and we have been working on it on and off diligently. About a month ago, it came to our attention a call for proposal for a special issue in one of the journals. With the scope of special issue and this particular journal, I felt overwhelmed with excitement for the fit. I never doubted the contribution of this study nor the rigor of it. However, we have struggled in finding the right home for the manuscript.
During the last few days, SML and I have worked hard, reading, rereading, editing, and re-editing the manuscript numerous times. For the last few weeks, I have been working on a book chapter, which is a different type of writing than research manuscript writing, it was a nice change. Pace, collaboration, firm deadlines. They pushed me out of a cloud I have been swimming in. It felt amazing to be productive. It felt energizing to know that I was producing quality work. I felt happy.
On Tuesday morning, we were able to submit the manuscript and promptly received a confirmation that it will be considered for the special issue. Time for us to keep our fingers crossed for the good news to follow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home